Sunday 20 September 2009

A minor amendment to my Blog settings - spammers need not apply

I suppose it had to happen sooner or later. Some idiot by the name of "Sue" (registered as a Blogger, but - surprise, surprise - without a public profile) posted replies to a good few of my recent Blog entries, all of which consisted of nothing more than coded links to some or other crappy website. Suffice to say I have no wish to give these parasites any room for manoeuvre, and managed to delete these "comments" within minutes of them appearing. This is one of the few downsides to what is otherwise one of the most brilliant inventions in modern history - the Internet. Therefore, I have had to resort very reluctantly to moderating all replies. It won't stop anybody posting replies to any of my posts - it simply means that I will have to approve them before they are published. I have no intention of blocking any replies, as long as the content is relevant to my posts (or my Blog in general) and contains no offensive material or spam.

Anecdotal evidence tells me that there are now a very healthy number of people following my Blog, be they customers, friends, acquaintances, other bloggers or even complete strangers. Most of them just read it, but some occasionally add comments, for which I am most grateful - it is always nice to know that people find the content worthwhile enough to post replies. So please keep the comments coming and I will try to ensure they are published as soon as possible after you post them - and I'll also try to keep posting interesting and thought-provoking content, of course!

No comments: